Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Blast furnace

On Sunday morning in Green Bay, I was running in a frost advisory, and today it was 85 degrees, windy, and felt like a blast furnace! Don't you just love spring in the Midwest? This is certainly the warmest day we have had in a long time. Given the difference between the wind chill and the heat index, that is more than a 50 degree swing since the last time I went running!

It was a bit of a struggle today. Not only was it really hot with an incredibly strong south wind, but I was still a bit stiff from the race and the long car ride home. I took it very easy today, more out of necessity than anything. It is always tough to run on hot days because the heat just saps the energy out of you.

This is going to be kind of a short week for me. I had Monday off to recover from my race and trip to GB, and I have Friday off since I will be heading up to the North Shore to visit the family for the Memorial Day weekend. I am looking forward to doing a little trail running, hiking, bird watching (the spring warblers are returning right now, which is awesome), eating some really good food, pestering the red squirrels, and just generally having fun. Mom and I will go into Grand Marais one day as well to act like tourists and probably have a little lunch. Of course, I will provide you with a report of my various activities. It should be a lot of fun, and I can't wait!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails