Friday, May 12, 2006

Gearing up for Green Bay

Today is my day off from running. That is fine with me because it is 45 degrees and pouring down rain (which my new watch successfully predicted, by the way!). I just talked to Mom and Dad, and they were seeing some snow flurries this evening in northern Minnesota. On May 12th? Keep in mind we are only 17 days away from Memorial Day, the unofficial start of summer. Wow!

I am starting to get excited. A week from tomorrow I will be loading up the Jetta and venturing east into America's Dairyland. I'm participating in the 5k race during the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon weekend in Green Bay, WI. I am really looking forward to the trip.

Why go all the way to Green Bay just to run 3.1 miles, you ask? Well, I have never been to the epicenter of "Packer country," and I figured any football fan should do that at least once. But one of the main draws for all of the races is that the runners get to do a lap around the inside of historic Lambeau Field during the last mile! A chance to run around the infamous "frozen tundra" is bound to be a treat for anyone who follows the game. Of course, I will provide a full report when I return from my weekend in GB, so stay tuned.

As stated earlier, I am looking forward to doing a little cooking this weekend. I think I have settled on salmon for Saturday night during the Dodge Charger 500, and Sunday will be some good, old-fashioned meatloaf. Recipes will be shared! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails