Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The heat is on

For the past several days I was up on the North Shore enjoying my morning runs with temperatures in the 50's. Today I am faced with a high of 86. It is always kind of a shock to the system when that happens!

Last week in his blog, KARE 11's Sven Sundgaard was raving about running in the warm weather (as well as showing more pictures of his pet goat). To each his own, but I couldn't disagree more. I would rather run when it is 20 degrees than when it is 80. But, summer is here, so I guess I had better suck it up and stop complaining!

Despite my incessant whining, I had a really nice run today. There was not much humidity at all, and there was a slight breeze, which was helpful. The run seemed downright speedy after running the weekend on rough terrain, so I kind felt like a track star today. A very good workout.

Since I have been away for the past two weekends, I didn’t have much in the fridge, so I had to go slumming for tonight’s dinner. I had a grilled cheese sandwich (but a darn good one!). Must go grocery shopping... :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails