Friday, May 19, 2006

Here comes the sun, and off to Green Bay

Wow, what a day! It is spectacular. 67 degrees, abundant sunshine, and a nice, cooling breeze. What is not to like? This is how every spring day should be!

I did my run after work, and my knee felt good. So I am a bit more optimistic than I was yesterday, and I am hoping it was just an anomaly. Today I made sure I stretched really well before a started (which I must confess is something that I have not been very religious about!). I also looked back at some notes from last year when I had my “runner’s knee,” and I found a good tip; shortening my stride helped, because it reduced impact and made for a smoother ride. So I focused on that today, and it seemed to be beneficial (chalk that up as a really good reason to keep a running journal!).

I managed to have a good, pain-free run. I took it fairly easy, concentrating more on my stride and form more than my speed. I felt comfortable out there, and had an enjoyable and relaxing run, which is always a nice way to end a work week. I ran by what must have been the high school track team doing some hill repeats, and I felt like a was faring better than many of them, so that made me smile, too! :)

Tomorrow I am off to Green Bay, Wisconsin for my race on Sunday morning. I am really looking forward to the weekend, and I will give you a full report on the tourism, dining, and the race, once I return from “Packer Country!”

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails