Friday, May 05, 2006

"Mmmmm....ButterBurger!"

For years now, my folks (Dad in particular) have been extolling the virtues of Culver's, citing it as one of the best fast food burger joints out there. Believe it or not, up until last Friday I had never been one, even though there are a couple of them within five minutes of my office. Now I have been there two weeks in a row for lunch! Their famous "ButterBurgers" are really quite delicious and taste very much like homemade. And the prices really aren't all that different from that of, say, a Wendy's. Anyhow, Culver's has my endorsement. Check 'em out if you haven't already. Good stuff!

Since "ButterBurgers" do not come without calories, I might have to impose a new rule on myself; those days that I dine at Culver's, I must go running! So, tonight I ran.

Not the warmest of spring days today. A note from the parents said they actually had SNOW FLURRIES up in the north county this morning. Happy Cinco de Mayo, Mom and Dad! :) But this afternoon, the clouds gave way to some sunshine. Cool and in the lower 50's, it was perfect for running.

Again, it was the usual route, but there is always something new to see. Tonight the barn swallows and tree swallows were gracefully skimming the surface of the calm, glassy pond in search of small morsels to eat. And either the western metro is under siege, or there is (or will be) an air show in town. Several vintage military airplanes flew over me today, including five of them in a perfect "V" formation. Very cool!

On the docket for this weekend is a trip to St. Peter to visit my Aunt Ann and Uncle Jim. I have not been to their farm in several months now, so I am really looking forward to seeing them. I also plan on doing a little shopping at an old fashioned German meat market along the way. More on that when I return!

Enjoy your weekend,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails