Monday, May 08, 2006

Oh, the humidity!

Kind of a weird, overcast day where it looked like it really wanted to rain, but never quite got going. It sure FEELS like it wants to rain. The temperature was in the upper 60’s today, which is generally pretty comfortable. But man, was it humid on the run today!

Humidity at any temperature seems to be my nemesis. The air is so stagnant and thick, and it feels like I am exerting more, even when in reality I am not. I did the normal route today at a pretty easy pace (since I did the longer run yesterday). When I finished, I must have looked like I showered with my running clothes on! Tougher sledding today, but I had better start bracing myself for summer because things are only going to get warmer!

Despite the humidity, things sure are getting pretty in my neighborhood. The maple leaves are almost completely out, and some of the flowering trees are starting to shed their flowers. Chipping sparrows are hopping around all over the place. And, I can’t believe I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I saw my first wood ducks of the year, a male and a female. I have been waiting to see them this spring, because they are arguably the prettiest of all the ducks.

Tomorrow is a day off, so perhaps I will have to share a recipe with you or something! :)

Later,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails