Friday, June 30, 2006

Hot! Hot! Hot!

This has to be the hottest day of the year. In my neighborhood, it was 92 degrees, sunny, and windy. Throw in a dewpoint that is hovering around 68 degress, and you have a pretty damp and humid day.

So, what better to do on a day like this than run 6 1/2 miles? Yeah, I am not too bright. But, I reasoned that because tomorrow will be a travel day for me, I might not get a run in. So I thought I would put in a little extra today to compensate. It was brutal out there. And it was slow. But, I made it, and I feel really good right now in the comfort of my air-conditioned apartment!

This was a good month of running. Adding up the numbers, I hit 102.1 miles for June, and I had a very successful race three weeks ago. July promises to be busy, with two trail races on the schedule in the next week and a half alone. I am looking forward to challenging myself a little bit more as we get deeper into the summer!

I mentioned that tomorrow is a travel day. I decided to wait until Saturday to head up to Mom and Dad's so I could avoid the brunt of the traffic. This proved to be an excellent decision. I couldn’t help but notice that the 494/694 interchange was almost at a standstill at only 2 PM this afternoon because all of the people heading north for the 4th. Insane!

Because I was not too motivated to cook this evening, I treated myself to a little takeout from The Lone Spur Grill & Bar. A “Burrito Grande” with beef brisket....mmmmm! Man, did that hit the spot. A little more packing, a little NASCAR night racing from Daytona, and my evening is complete.

As mentioned earlier, I will try to post some updates between now and the next 10 days, but no promises. For sure, you will be hearing from me when I return from the Wolverine State!

Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend, everyone!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails