Monday, June 26, 2006

Living like I'm on vacation

The legendary hard rock band KISS once said, “You’ve gotta live like you’re on vacation!” Therefore, acting upon the principles of the "KISS Army," I am taking those words to heart. Allow me to tell you about my upcoming vacation plans!

I am starting to get excited because I have all of next week off. Saturday I will be driving up to the North Shore to spend several days with the family over the 4th of July holiday. While I am there (in addition to hiking, birding, and eating well), I will be running in the 2nd annual Jan Horak "Tofte Trek" 10k Wilderness Run in Tofte, MN. While they call it the "2nd Annual," this is actually the 27th running of the race (they simply changed the name last year to honor the long-time race director). It is a very difficult course that is run on snowmobile and hiking trails, and to say it is a bit hilly is an understatement. There will undoubtedly be plenty of mud, too. Whatever the case, I guarantee some fun will be had.

Just so I can see Lake Superior from a different angle, the following Friday I am driving to Copper Harbor, MI, to participate in the Keweenaw Trail Running Festival. Since I decided against the marathon this year, and because I am running in race 4 days earlier, I switched to the 10k event. It should still be very scenic, but more manageable! I have never been to Michigan before, so this will be a new state for me, and the Copper Harbor/Upper Peninsula area looks absolutely gorgeous in the pictures.

It is bound to be a great week with some interesting stories to tell. I can't wait.

(And, in case you didn't guess, there was no run today...it was my day off!)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails