Sunday, June 25, 2006

A lovely morning for ducks

The Twin Cities was experiencing the "wrap-around" of a low pressure system that plagued us over the weekend, with the remnants of the rain moving through early in the morning. It was raining steadily, and there were moments where it was really coming down.

Not willing to let the weather hold me back, I did 8 miles on the trail through Minnetonka Mills to Tonka Wood Road and back. It was a good run in spite of the rain, and I was kind of quick today, completing it in about an hour and 10 minutes (perhaps I was just anxious to get back inside?!)

Running in the rain actually is not as awful as it might seem. About the only major drawback is that it soaks your clothes and makes them kind of heavy. Otherwise, at least it helps to keep you cool. And, another benefit was that I had the trail all to myself. I didn’t see a soul!

Predictably, after I showered up and headed out to do a little grocery shopping, it is now gorgeous with abundant sunshine. The rule, as always, is; if you don’t like the weather in Minnesota, wait 5 minutes... :)

Tonight I am making spaghetti and Italian sausage meatballs for dinner. I will let you know how it goes!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails