Monday, June 05, 2006

Riddle me this...

...what do you get when you cross sweltering heat with humidity, and add an occasional 30 MPH headwind?

Why, you get today’s run, of course!

It was a mere 88 degrees today, and it felt kind of sticky out. That is absolutely miserable running weather. I was sweating buckets after only the first quarter mile. Couple that with the fact that the last mile and a half was going pretty much right into an awful wind, it was not pleasant out there, kids! On days like this, it is very hard work. You tend to feel sluggish and slow (like I did). It is quickly turning into a summer like last year when nearly every day in June and July was hot, humid, and gross. Yuck!

The good news is that my new shoes rock! They ride so smoothly, and they roll off the toes beautifully. I feel like I am simply gliding when I run, so I am really digging them. I can’t wait to put some more miles on these bad boys.

I took yesterday off from running so I could stagger my days off before my race this weekend (I always like to have a full day off before a race). So this week will be a somewhat lighter one. I ran today and will run Tuesday, Thursday, and then Saturday at the race!

Tonight’s dinner was a homemade pizza with prosciutto, pepperoni, garlic-marinated black olives, crimini mushrooms, and fresh marjoram. I am not sure if it is the whole wheat flour milled from honest-to-goodness Norseland wheat that Mom gave me, or if it was due to the new yeast, but this was the best batch of dough I have ever made. Wonderful stuff!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails