Friday, June 16, 2006

Running in a sauna

Remember yesterday when I was complaining about the heat and humidity? Multiply that times 10 and you have today. Ugh!

It was a mere 89 degrees, hazy, overcast, and windy as heck, with a stifling 66 degree dewpoint. I felt like I was running inside a sauna with a fan blowing on me. This is horrible weather to run in. It was positively miserable, and one of the worst running days I have had (weather-wise) since last summer. I took it very slooooow around my regular route today.

Curiously enough, there were two different TV news helicopters circling over my neighborhood while I was on my run. I am not sure what that was all about, but I was beginning to suspect they were watching me, hoping I would keel over from heat exhaustion so they would have some breaking news footage. Thankfully, I did not accomodate them!

I did get home before the big thunderstorms exploded over the Twin Cities. Good grief, were there some boomers! And did it ever pour. We got a lot of rain in a very short amount of time. I guess the suburb just south of me sustained 60+ MPH winds and has trees down. I am really glad I didn’t get caught in that!

Tonight I will watch the recap of the U.S. Open golf tournament (go Phil!), and I will also marinate some chicken for tomorrow’s dinner. It is an Italian twist on roasted chicken, concocted by one of my favorite Food Network personalities. I will give you the details tomorrow!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails