Monday, June 19, 2006

Taking advantage of the weather

I had debated whether or not to take today off from running since I went long yesterday. However, I couldn’t resist! It was in the upper 70’s with a nice breeze and very little humidity. And, the weather forecast for tomorrow afternoon included a chance of some thunderstorms, so that made the decision easy. I threw on my running gear and hit the road after work!

After the long run yesterday, I was surprised that I was not really very stiff or sore. I felt quite good, so I did my usual 4 1/2 miler. The run was most enjoyable. I was quite strong today, and feel like I am training better than I did last summer. There has been more of an emphasis on doing quality runs while making sure I am getting the proper rest days, and I think that is paying dividends this year. So far, so good.

The weather was really pleasant, and the lack of humidity was a blessing. I even got dive-bombed by the red-winged blackbird again, so that was good for a laugh!

Tonight’s dinner was a panini sandwich with leftover balsamic chicken, tomatoes, bacon, baby Swiss cheese, and honey-truffle mustard on my homemade honey wheat bread that I baked over the weekend (the bread deserves its own post another time!). Delicious. I am telling you, Giada's chicken makes for awesome leftovers! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails