Sunday, June 25, 2006

Western State Endurance Run news

Some time ago, I posted my book review of ”Ultramarathon Man” by Dean Karnazes.

This weekend was in infamous Western States Endurance Run, the grueling 100 mile mountain trail race from Squaw Valley to Auburn, CA. Karnazes unofficially finished 16th overall with a time of 21 hours, 38 minutes, and 33 seconds.

Another ultra running legend that I have not talked about before, Tim Twietmeyer, finished the event unofficially in 12th place with a time of 20 hours, 33 minutes, and 49 seconds. The significance of this is that the 47 year-old Twietmeyer just finished his 25th and final Western States 100!

25 of them? Oh, my!

Wow, 100 miles, on foot, over the most rugged terrain imaginable, in less than a day? Unreal!

My run on the flatlands this morning seems terribly insignificant right now... :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails