Saturday, June 03, 2006

When U2 predicts the weather

When the band U2 penned the lyrics, “It’s a beautiful day, don’t let it get away” (from the song “Beautiful Day”), they must have been talking about the weather on a day just like this. What a morning to get outside and enjoy day!

I hit the road at 6 AM, and it was 60 degrees, sunny, no wind, and not a cloud in the sky. Birds were happily singing (some were actually still sleeping on the power lines!). I even saw some wild roses in full bloom along the bike trail. An absolutely perfect morning to run.

I did the 8-miler again this morning where I run through Minnetonka Mills along the bike trail to Tonka Wood Road. On these long runs, I generally try to take it pretty easy so that I pace myself properly. I concentrate on keeping a steady, even pace, kind of like putting yourself on “cruise control,” if that makes any sense. It took me about 1 hour and 10 minutes today (which, interestingly enough, is about how long one of my 6 mile trail runs took me last weekend...what a difference the surface makes!). A good, solid run today.

There were a lot of other friendly, happy runners out and about this morning. Who could blame them? They must have been taking U2’s lyrics to heart as well.

Until later,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails