Monday, July 10, 2006

Leveling off

How nice was it today to be able to run on flat, level ground? Very nice! I didn’t even care that it was hotter than Dutch love outside at 83 degrees with a bit of humidity. It was great to get back on a even surface!

I ran very easy today. For one, I felt like complete garbage yesterday. I think the whole week caught up to me, and I don’t think I ate enough on my way home Saturday to rebuild my energy stores. And, the scab on my knee is in a precarious spot, so I feel it every time I bend my knee. It is healing, but that was another good reason to go slow today.

Surprisingly, I felt good today. I got some good rest and feel like I am almost back to my normal self. I ran my 4 1/2 miler today without issue.

One completely unrelated bird note; I saw an Eastern phoebe make the coolest maneuver today. These birds are flycatchers, and I saw this little bird dive from a tree and hover in one place about two inches over the grass, eventually snagging a bug. It is hard to describe, but it was quite an awesome sight to see.

All right, I think I am finally done updating my blog for today! Time for a glass of wine... :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails