Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Next race?

Today is an off day of running for me. I am glad, because it is really hot, somewhere in the low 90's. The problem it that it is not going to get much cooler for the rest of this week, so I will have to run in the heat at some point! I think it is safe to say I will be taking it pretty easy and using some common sense when I do.

I feel a little strange because I only have one race on the calendar right now! That is the Des Moines IMT Half Marathon in October! I am kind of dissapointed because I wanted to do the Lumberjack Days 10-Miler in Stillwater, MN, next weekend. I really enjoyed that race last year. It was a fun and scenic course, and your finished right on the waterfront under the famous lift bridge.

After doing two races already this month, I think it would be wise to wait until August to race again. But which race? I don't know yet!

There are certainly lots to choose from. All I know is I have to set something up soon because I want to do a couple of more events before Des Moines. I will ponder this over a homemade Italian sausage pizza tonight! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails