Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Only 130.5 miles to go?!?

Early yesterday evening we just got hammered with rain. Not only was it raining cats and dogs, but I think there were a few other mammals thrown in there as well! :) It came down in sheets, and I could barely see the parking lot. from my window.

Below my deck is a small drainage ditch that collects water from the neighboring condo development, and I have never seen flood like it did yesterday. I took this picture to show how bad it got. The people living below me must have been a little nervous!

”The Lord said to Noah
you're gonna build an arky arky”



More rain was predicted tonight, but it has held off thus far, and I was able to get my run in. I ran the usual 4 1/2 miles today, and it was tough. The temperature was around 88, but the dewpoint was a tropical 71! Ugh! That is just awful stuff to run in, but I hung in there and put in my miles.

And today I only ran 130.5 miles less than Scott Jurek did today (and yesterday for that matter). Just a few short hours ago, he finished the Badwater Ultramarathon (you remember, the 135 mile jog across Death Valley?) in a time of 25 hours, 41 minutes, and 18 seconds. This currently puts the Proctor, MN, native in first place among the men. As there is a staggered start of the race, I think we will have to wait to see if he is declared the winner.

I thought about this on my run today; if I only run my 4 1/2 mile route another 29 times, I could match Jurek! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails