Sunday, July 16, 2006

Running Food: Salmon with Honey-Ginger-Soy Glaze

Last night I made a really tasty dish; a wild Alaskan salmon fillet with a honey-ginger-soy glaze.



There is no real recipe to share, as this was truly improvised. But pretty much all I did was mix up some soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar. I don’t have exact amounts, I just kept adding and tasting until I felt I had a good balance of salty, sweet, and sour. Then I tossed in a healthy dose of fresh grated ginger and garlic.

I reserved a little of the sauce mixture for a dipping sauce to be used later, but the rest got poured over an 8 oz. fillet of salmon. I marinated the fillet for about a 1/2 hour and then roasted it in a 450 degree oven for 8-9 minutes until just cooked through.

The high heat roasting puts a nice little caramelized glaze on the salmon. Delicious, simple, and not a drop of oil was used, either!

Enjoy,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails