Wednesday, July 19, 2006

You know priorities have changed when...

...you turn down an invitation to a "booze cruise" because you have a race the next morning!

Every summer some of my friends organize a wine cruise on beautiful Lake Minnetonka. It is a heck of a good time with lots of vino, tasty appetizers, and some great camaraderie. Unfortunately for me, this year it fell on the night of Saturday, August 5th, and the Hennepin-Lake Classic 10k is bright and early on the 6th. Ugh! Sorry guys. Someone please enjoy a glass of wine for me! :)

This Wednesday has been a wet one. Thunderstorms rumbled into the metro early this morning. Around 9 AM, it was so dark outside that the streetlights came on! After looking at the radar in the afternoon, I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to run in the rain today.

But no! I managed to catch a break in the action and got to run in cloudy, comfortable 75 degree weather. It was really nice out there, and that enabled me to have a very spirited run. I did my 4 1/2 miles at near race pace, and it felt great. I had not been able to go very hard lately, given all the heat and humidity, so this was a good workout today. An excellent, excellent run.

I'm not sure what is for dinner tonight, but I do know there will be bacon, basil, and tomatoes involved since I still have some left! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails