Friday, August 18, 2006

Chili dogs, anyone?

Today was almost a mirror image of yesterday. Mid 70’s, cloudy, and humid. I ran the normal route, running it a bit easier than I did last time. I was dragging a bit at the office today after a tiring week, but I have now perked up after my run!

Tomorrow is a day off from running, and I am kind of excited because I am going to St. Peter to see my family and relatives. My aunt and uncle from California are in town, and Mom and Dad are driving down from the north country, so it will be fun to see everyone. It should be a really nice time.

By the way, if anyone who finds themselves in the city of Lino Lakes this weekend for the annual "Blue Heron Days" summer celebration, you can enter the Chili Dog Mile. It is a one mile race, and for every chili dog you consume during the run, they knock a minute off your time. Ugh! Alton Brown needs to check this out if he ever does a sequel to "Feasting on Asphalt," as this gives new definition to the term "road food!" :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails