Thursday, August 24, 2006

Misty Mountain Hop

All apologies for the Led Zeppelin-titled post, but I couldn’t think of anything else...I ran in the mist this afternoon, so the title seemed somewhat appropriate!

There were some nasty looking storms that passed north of the metro, but some of the remnants of the system are still hanging around. So it was a humid, drizzly, but cool day to run. I had another spirited scamper around my usual route, again running quickly in case the weather decided to get ugly. And fortunately, I made it home before an isolated shower passed over and the heavens opened up!

A wildlife note; I saw the white squirrel today! There is a strain of beautiful albino gray squirrels in my neighbood that I have occasionally encountered on my runs over the last couple years. I had not seen one in a long time, so that was a treat. They certainly stand out!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails