Friday, August 11, 2006

Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder

Wow, nice day today! 80 degrees, plenty of sun, puffy clouds...what is not to like? A perfect summer day!

Yesterday was a day off, so today I ran. It was the usual route, and the run felt very good. Typically I do not see to many people along my route, but there were a lot of folks out walking, biking, and even running. Clearly, everyone else was out taking advantage of our nice weather.

I got treated to a nice wildlife sighting tonight. I saw an eastern bluebird on a lawn near the pond. They are such pretty birds. And I remember last year seeing a couple in this very same location, so I can only assume this is a preferred nesting ground for these guys. Anyhow, a nice surprise!

Tonight’s dinner was a “breakfast burrito” of sorts, but a rather upscale one; whole-wheat tortilla, scrambled eggs, a couple strips of Nueske’s bacon, guacamole, salsa, and a really creamy Beemster Graskaas cheese from the Netherlands. Would using a Dutch cheese in my burrito make it “fusion cuisine?” :) Simple, but tasty.

Tonight is a little preseason NFL football, and tomorrow will be a longer run.

Until then,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails