Saturday, August 26, 2006

Running with bunnies and squirrels

A gorgeous morning to run! It was 60 degrees and overcast. Absolutely ideal.

I did a long run on the trail today. I ran all the way to Hwy. 101 and back for a total of 10 1/2 miles. I felt great this morning, and I am sure the weather had something to do with it. Much easier to keep your body temperature regulated when it is so comfortable outside! I covered that distance in about 90 minutes, which should easily put me on pace for a sub 2-hour half marathon. I am on my way to my goal!

I saw an unbelievable number of young gray squirrels chasing each other and practicing their squirrels moves. They are so cute when they are little! There were tons of bunny rabbits, too. Some were not too terribly alarmed at my presence, either. One rabbit barely moved off the trail when I passed, reluctant to move from his clover patch.

Not much on the agenda today. My cooking is already done because last night I whipped up a batch of my homemade split pea soup with ham and bacon. It was excellent, and ought to be even better today. I will be noshing on that this evening while I watch the Sharpie 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway! :)

Until next time,
Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails