Monday, August 14, 2006

The short attention span post

Yesterday was a day off from running. Good, because it wasn't a very nice day. Lots of rain, which was needed, but you still couldn’t do much outside.

Today is a different story, however. It is gorgeous outside! A comfortable 81 degrees, virtually no humidity, and a nice breeze. I did 5 miles today at a pretty easy pace. It was a solid run, and I felt great afterwards.

I even got to see the cops out doing their practice drills in the school parking lot again, so I have to believe the Minnetonka Police Department is going to be a well-oiled machine this fall!

Speaking of fall, you are starting to see signs of it; today I noticed some acorns that have started to drop from the large oaks along my running route, much to the delight of the happy gray squirrels. Hey, we are only a couple weeks from September, so it is bound to happen!

In looking at the calendar, I see I have 2 months and 1 day until my half marathon in Des Moines. I am feeling really good about where I am at with my training. I have been able to do weekend long runs in the 8 to 11 mile range without issue, so I hope I am right on track to have a successful race.

Also worth noting is that yesterday’s dinner (and today’s leftovers for lunch), my Chinese BBQ pork stir-fry with Thai basil sauce, turned out very nice. Yum! :)

And just to keep with the scattered, short attention span theme of this post, let's hear it for Kevin Harvick winning the AMD at The Glen NASCAR race yesterday! Kevin is my favorite driver in the NASCAR Nextel Cup series, and he has been doing really well in 2006, and this was his first win at a road course. A great day for Harvick fans!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails