Thursday, August 31, 2006

A surreal "Emeril Live"

I know I said no more posts until next Tuesday, but I just saw something strange on TV.

I was watching “Emeril Live” on The Food Network, and Emeril had an entire show dedicated to (of all things) hot dogs. One of the most famous gourmet chefs of this era was spending an entire hour cooking dishes with hot dogs!

To add to the surreal nature of the show, his in-studio guest was none other than “Chocolate Thunder” himself, former NBA superstar, Darryl Dawkins.

None of this made any sense to me. Hot dogs serve one purpose; throw them on a bun with a bunch of toppings, and you are good to go. But Emeril goes on to make two different soups with hot dogs! Why on earth would you make spaghetti with hot dogs? And what was Darryl Dawkins doing there? It reminded me of the time I saw a Martha Stewart show late one evening and she was baking chocolate chip cookies with former WWE wrestler, The Rock. It was all very weird.

But, I digress. Four hours of work tomorrow, and I am on vacation, baby! Have a great weekend! :)

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails