Sunday, August 20, 2006

Yesterday at the farm

Yesterday I had a very fun day. I went down to St. Peter to visit my aunts, uncles, and my folks. There was some business to attend to, as we were preparing some of my grandparents’ things for auction. But it was also a time to get together as a family.

We hung out at the farm on what was a most gorgeous day and played with Maggie, the golden lab, and the numerous cats. The work horses (Percherons and Belgians) were hanging out in the pasture. We also took a trip to the Norseland Luthern Chrurch cemetary to pay our respects to those family members that came before us.

A sign at the historic Norseland Lutheran Church



That evening, we ate dinner at Whiskey River in St. Peter. If you have never been here, this place offers some very hearty, tasty food, and has an amazing garden that attracts all sorts of bird and wildlife. We saw a mother deer and her three spotted fawns (wow, triplets!), and a family of wild turkeys also walked past the window. Lots of fun, and my pepper crusted salmon fillet with Zinfandel-blackberry sauce was delicious.

We were even treated to a spectacular sunset. What a great day! It was fantastic to see everyone and catch up.

The sunset at the farm



I am back in the cities now, and it was a beautiful morning for a run today. It was only 59 degrees, and I felt almost chilly at the start. I looked bag at my running journal, and the last run I had where the temps were in the 50’s was at the Easy Does It Race on June 10th! So, it has been awhile.

I took advantage of the nice conditions and ran 9 miles on the trail through Minnetonka Mills. Surprisingly, I only met two other runners along my whole route. This is the best running morning we have had in more than two months, and there were only two other people out and about? Come on, Twin Cities runners, you are slacking! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails