Tuesday, August 15, 2006

You are really going to wear that in public?

Another banner day in the metro. It was 83 degrees, sunny, and not a cloud in ths sky. Nice! I did my normal 4 1/2 mile route today. I felt pretty strong and had a really good run.

Fall is definitely getting closer. It was actually in the upper 50’s this morning, and also the local high school football teams started practicing yesterday as well. This is a sure sign that some crisp weather will be upon us soon (which runners will certainly appreciate!).

Speaking of football, last night I watched the Minnesota Vikings first preseason game, and I think I am going to have a hard time cheering for them. I am sorry, but those new Vikings uniforms have to go! I think they are hideous. Why mess with the classics? This never would have happened if Bud Grant was still in charge, and one can only imagine the colorful language Jerry Burns would have used if his team was asked to wear them. Thumbs down! Bring back the old ones! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails