Friday, September 15, 2006

800 miles

Another warm day today, and extremely windy. Couple that with a tiring work week, and it was a bit of a struggle! The local cross country team was out on the same route as me, so I took a few different streets than normal so I wasn't running right in the middle of the pack. And I'm not trying to brag, but I am faster than a lot of those kids. I think I might have a shot at making the starting lineup with that outfit! :)

I passed the 800 mile mark for the year, and things are going pretty good. It will only be another month of higher miles and some longer runs, and then I will dial things down a little bit after the half marathon. I do need to think about replacing my shoes. I have more than 350 miles on them, so I will definitely need to break in a new pair before the big race.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails