Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back to life, back to reality

The lyrics from an old Soul II Soul song sound most appropriate today. After a weekend of eating, drinking, enjoying nature, golfing, and running in beautiful surroundings, today I find myself at work with a pile of e-mails, a veritable laundry list of things to do, and I am running on my regular route. Adding to this, school is also back in session, which means traffic around the school has increased dramatically, so my running route is no longer very quiet.

“Back to life, back to reality...” :)

Anyhow, I had a good run today despite being a little tired. Vacation weekends always throw off the schedule, and it is tough getting back into the regular routine. The route wasn’t as bad as I made it sound in the first paragraph. It was relatively quiet and peaceful in the residential areas, which was relaxing.

And on an unrelated note, I am guessing my run was more relaxing than trying to get around downtown Minneapolis today. Good grief, what a zoo! Can’t we do something to make this show go away? :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails