Thursday, September 28, 2006

Change in the weather

Since my last run on Tuesday, the temperature swing was 25 degrees to the negative.

It was 77 on Tuesday, and today when I got home for my run, it was 52! Drastic, yes, but also very welcome. I love running in this weather. I felt rather speedy today (relatively speaking, of course!), and I got around the route in good time. It was extremely comfortable weather.

I saw all kinds of birds and wildlife again, and there were even some coots out on the pond. That is a sure sign that winter is upon us. I never see them in the summer down here, so when they show up, you know we are in for big changes shortly! :)

I am getting excited because Saturday I get to see the family! I am taking a few days vacation and will be heading up to the shore. We are even playing in a charity golf tournament at Superior National on Sunday, which is great because I have all of 9 holes of golf under my belt this year! Ought to be real interesting. But, there will undoubtedly be lots of great fun, food, and wildlife to report on, so I am looking forward to the long weekend.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails