Saturday, September 23, 2006

Lucky #13.1

Today was my “long” run; that is, the longest run of my training before my race.

I took the trail and ran until I saw Lake Minnetonka. My turnaround point was the bridge over beautiful Carson’s Bay. The map tells me it is about 6.5 miles or so to that location, That means I covered at least 13 miles today, so I covered close to, if not the full, half marathon distance. The last mile was tough, but I finished in less than 2 hours, so that was encouraging.

The weather is weird. It started out very cloudy and overcast, looking like it could rain any minute. Then the sun came out for a while and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. Great, and me wearing a long-sleeved black running shirt! Now it appears to be clouding up again. Who knows?

With the Des Moines Half Marathon only three weeks away from tomorrow, this means I will start tapering my training down a bit to save some endurance for the big day. I will still do some longer runs on the weekends, just not near the distance I ran today.

Not too much on the agenda for today. I am going to try to take it easy, watch a little NASCAR this afternoon, and make a homemade pizza for dinner tonight!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails