Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Respect from the younger generation

Another gorgeous day. 68 degrees, overcast, and great for running. The colors are starting to show up more and more each day. I am starting to see some reds and oranges showing up in the maples, and there is that crisp smell of dried leaves in the air.

I had another spirited run around my route today, once again feeling strong and fast. It is so much easier to keep the body temperature regulated in the fall. I will say this again and again, but I love running in this weather!

I met the local cross country team out on their training run today. One of the kids smiled, gave me a “thumbs-up” sign, and enthusiastically shouted “Runners!” to me as an obvious sign good will towards other runners. I smiled and waved in acknowledgment. I believe this means I have officially been accepted by the younger generation of the running community. And darn it, they should show me a little respect; I am more than twice their age and I was running stronger than they were! :)

Otherwise, no hawk attacks to report, and no new Halloween decorations out. Yet...

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails