Friday, October 27, 2006

My letter to KSTP

I was so looking forward to watching ""It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" I had my Charlie Brown sweater, a glass of wine, and I eagerly turned to ABC at 7 PM

However, the folks at our local ABC affiliate, KSTP, decided it would be be more fun to show us a political debate instead.

To rub even more salt in the wound, KSTP is going through the trouble of rebroadcasting this television classic, but at 2:35 in the morning. You know, when everyone is awake....I am not a happy camper.

My letter to KSTP:

Dear KSTP TV,

Add my name to what is hopefully a growing list of people who are in disbelief that you would preempt a Halloween classic like "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" to show us a political debate between Wetterling, Bachman, and the Independent guy who doesn't have a chance of winning. The least you could have done is broadcast the debate in the 8 PM time slot of that horrible show with Anne Heche and left Charlie Brown at 7 PM where he should have been.

At least you are going to be replaying "The Great Pumpkin," but at 2:35 in the morning? The 40th anniversary broadcast of this classic show deserved much better than that.

Anyhow, I just wanted to give you my two cents and say that I am very disappointed, and I wish more consideration would have been given to your viewers who cherish these family-oriented holiday classics.
Related Posts with Thumbnails