Sunday, October 08, 2006

One week

Just about one week from this very moment, I should be crossing the finish line in Des Moines!

Today I did my last "long" run. An easy 8 miler down the trail in Minnetonka. Now I will wind things down this week in preparation for next Sunday.

It occurred to me as I was on my run today that this could possibly be my last run on the Southwest LRT trail in Minnetonka. This is where I always went to do my long runs. Since I will be dialing things back a bit after the race, and because I am moving, I probably won't be going this route anymore. This trail has treated me well. But it is time to move on.

No worries, though. I couldn't be more excited about my new neighborhood, as I will have even more routes and trails to choose from, which will help me train for new goals!

Today will involve a lot more packing and cleaning. I tore apart the bedroom yesterday, packed a bunch of stuff, and even made a trip to Goodwill to donate some old clothes. Someone is going to get a heck of a deal because I had a lot of Tommy Hilfiger stuff from my pre-running days that no longer fits! Anyhow, progress is being made.

And of course, I will be taking breaks for football and NASCAR! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails