Thursday, October 12, 2006

Onward to Iowa

I am feeling much, much better today, so I think whatever mystery bug I had is on its way out. Good thing, too, because I am getting pretty excited for the weekend. I am going to make this my last post before the race because tomorrow night I will have to get in one final run, pack for the trip to Iowa, scare up some dinner, and watch the NASCAR Busch Series race! :) So, a quick post before I hit the road:

The Des Moines Marathon race director sent out an e-mail today to all of the participants. Apparently the marathon has over 1200 registered runners, and the half marathon race currently has more than 1700 signed up. These numbers are up from last year, and with the last minute registrations, there will be more than 3000 runners in pounding the pavement in Des Moines on Sunday. Should be a fantastic event with a great crowd.

The hotel reservation was confirmed today, and I have printed out all of my maps, registration confirmation, and instructions. Still haven't decided where dinner will be on Saturday night, but I have a couple of places in mind. And the preliminary weather forecast is looking excellent for running with morning temperatures in the 40's and going into the 50's. Not bad!

I look forward to talking to you when I return, and I will have a full report on the trip, the race, and the all the happening in Iowa!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails