Monday, October 16, 2006

Recovery day

The day after the race; wow, am I glad I took a vacation day! Not that I couldn’t function. It is just much nicer to be sitting here relaxing in my sweatpants allowing for a bit of recovery before venturing back into the real world.

I feel pretty good, but I am a little stiff in the quads and calves. To be expected, I suppose! I am planning on taking a couple of days off before I start running again, and those runs will be easy and nothing crazy. It is time to dial back the training.

By the way, the online race results have been posted, and you can find them here. Just click on the “half marathon overall” link and you will be able to track me down.

I have done virtually nothing today except I assembled a pan of homemade lasagna to be baked later. And I watched the original ”Police Academy” movie that I recorded earlier on my DVR. But that it about it. Rest and relaxation is good. :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails