Thursday, October 19, 2006

Winding down the season, setting new goals

Today is a day off to allow for my continued recovery. I found myself doing a little extra stretching last night, as I still had a bit of tightness in my calves and hamstrings. But I feel much better than I did last year when I completely overtrained. This year's training schedule was much smarter and pain-free, so I think I am going to stick with what works!

Now that the race season is winding down, I plan to do a few more fun runs, all of them 5k's. I am signed up for the Turkey Run in St. Paul the weekend before Thanksgiving, but there will be one or two in December as well. And today I started setting some new goals and objectives for 2007.

In May I am going to cross the North Dakota border and run the Scheels Fargo Half Marathon. This is a rapidly growing event that has gotten rave reviews. Since it is one of the few marathons in N.D., I think it is also a big draw for the 50 States Marathon Club folks. And as person of Norwegian-American descent, I have to appreciate any race that offers a "lefse feed!" :)

It is a ways off, but it will be something to look forward to.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails