Saturday, November 11, 2006

1000 miles on a frosty morning

I checked my running log, and this morning I passed 1000 miles for the year. Always kind of neat to hit a milestone like that!

It was also the coldest run of the season thus far. 25 degrees, with a wind chill of 16! I had frost on my goatee by the time I was finished.

Still, what a pleasant morning. As you know by now, I prefer cooler/cold weather, and the run was very good. I continued my exploration of the area and figured out a couple of loops on the Rice Creek West Regional Trail. I learned a few more routes today and went about 7 miles.

I went early enough that I got to see some wildlife before more people showed up. There were lots of ducks still hanging around in the creeks and ponds, and I scared up a pretty nice white tail buck along the park trail. I am loving my new neighborhood.

No real plans today. I will probably go somewhere for lunch, I will watch sports and make some homemade beef jerky this afternoon, and I will hopefully be having homemade pizza tonight. I say “hopefully” because I have had some dough-making issues since I got to my new apartment. The dough is coming out weird, so I am not sure what is going on. Maybe I need to revisit my recipe?

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails