Monday, November 27, 2006

3000 Miles to Graceland

My apologies for using the title of a mediocre movie as the title of my post, but I hit another milestone today. :)

Since I started running in April of 2004, I have kept track of my mileage. I did so in order to track progress and set new goals. Today on my run, I passed the career 3000 mile mark! That is almost equal to a coast-to-coast journey across the United States. I can’t say I imagined such a distance when I started.

It was a fairly mild, but somewhat blustery day. 41 degrees, overcast, with a strong wind coming out of the east. In spite of that, I had a very good, quick run. With the wind being from the east, it gave me a nice push home, too!

But things are starting to get pretty, and people are getting into the Christmas spirit. I generally run at dusk during the week, and there were lots of homes with their Christmas lights on. I even saw a huge inflatable Grinch on a lawn!

Right now I am a little bit tired, as it is always hard to get back into the swing of things after a vacation! Tonight’s agenda contains two things; 1.) and easy chair, and 2.) Monday Night Football.

To the next 3000 miles and beyond,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails