Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Karnazes update, and a little bit of exploring

A bit of running news; While I was moving, Dean Karnazes completed his 50 marathons, in 50 states, in 50 days odyssey. Which ended in New York last Sunday at the New York City Marathon.

How is Dean celebrating this incredible achievement? Well, not only did he go for a 28 mile run on day 51, and run another marathon on day 52, but now he had decided to run home from New York to San Francisco! Wow…the guy is an inspiration.

I did not run as far as Dean did today, but I had fun exploring in my new neighborhood. It was an unseasonably warm 72 degrees this afternoon! I ran with no set route, running only by my watch so I had some idea as to how far I went. I took some trails through the park which led to a school, through a neighborhood, past a golf course, around a lake, and down a trail that led right back to my place. It was a very pretty route. I figure I went a little more than 5 miles. Not a bad way to enjoy one of the last truly warm days of the year!

Tonight I can finally catch up on "Bones" and "Lost." It is nice to have TV again! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails