Friday, November 17, 2006

Ready for Thanksgiving

Tonight after work I went for my run, doing two laps around the little lake in the neighborhood. This is becoming my semi-regular "usual" route for my runs during the week. The sidestreets and trails are very quiet, and I don't have to cross any of the major county roads during rush hour (which isn't that bad in my neighborhood, but it just seems more prudent). I ran pretty easy today, as I was a little tired after the strange schedule this week, but I made it productive with a strong finish.

After being caught up in the whirlwind that has been the last several weeks with the move and my weird schedule, my next race kind of snuck up on me! This Sunday, I will be at the Turkey Run in St. Paul. This is a short one; just a 5k fun run/walk that goes around scenic Como Lake. I did this one last year, and it was a really good time, so I am looking forward to it.

Immediately after the race, I will head home, shower up, hop in my car and head north to "The Shore" to visit the family. That's right, folks, I am on vacation for the whole week of Thanksgiving! I understand we have quite a menu planned for the week, so I can't wait.

Blog updates will be sporadic at best until after Turkey Day, but I will have plenty to talk about the following week.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and I will talk to you when I return!

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails