Saturday, December 30, 2006

1170

No, 1170 is not a new station on your AM radio dial. That is the total mileage I ran this year!

Since tomorrow will be an off day, this morning I did my last run of 2006. Today it was 9 miles on the bike path in the early morning fog and mist, which gave me 109 miles for December. It was dark when I started, so I used my headlamp for the first half. I even met a few other runners out getting their early morning exercise. It was a steady, comfortable run, and I felt absolutely fantastic afterwards.

As 2006 comes to a close, I think it is common for all of us to reflect on the year that has been, and to look ahead to the year to come. This was my second full year of running in organized races, and I was able to accomplish more than I imagined. I participated in thirteen races in four different states, set new personal records in the 5k, 8k, 10k, and half marathon distances, placed in my division five times (1st place twice, 2nd place once, and 3rd place twice), and I even got to do some unique and cool stuff like run through Lambeau Field in Green Bay and munch on a freshly cooked bratwurst at the finish line! :)

Very happy with my progress this year? Yes. Satisfied? Not even close! I am really looking forward to 2007 so I can work toward some new and interesting races and running goals to further explore what I am capable of.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails