Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A misty run, and Krissy's eyes

Strange weather. I ran in the mist and the fog this evening. Temperatures were comfortable in the mid 30’s, and the lake that was previously frozen over is starting to open up again. At the rate we are going, we might not have a “White Christmas!”

It was a good run again today; a couple of laps around my lake, and a quick romp down my newfound trail, which I love. The trail has some curves, a bridge crossing over a swamp, and some rolling terrain that makes it interesting and fun. The great part about this revised route is that it keep me on nothing but quiet side streets, and I go nowhere near the busier main roads. Quiet is good!

In other running news, one of my earlier posts talked about ultramarathoner Krissy Moehl and her blog. This past weekend, she ran in the Hellgate 100k in Virginia.

Check out the race recap on her blog where she experienced some very frightening issues with her vision during the race. I did not know this, but apparently running extreme distances in very cold weather can freeze your eyeballs! It seems that all is well now, but that has to be pretty alarming, to say the least.

Oh, and even with her vision problems, she only managed to win the women’s division, finish 5th overall for the whole race, and set a new women’s course record in the process. Wow!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails