Friday, December 15, 2006

Potlucks and Poodles

Today was the holiday potluck at work. While we did not have the margarita machines like they did at the Christmas party on last night's episode of "The Office," my whole department brought in all sorts of great food. I gorged on curried chicken salad, potato chips, taco dip, hot roast beef sandwiches, sloppy joes, chicken casserole, Thai noodles in peanut sauce, and Christmas cookies, to name a few things. Good stuff!

I paid for it on my run, though. It would appears that eating a whole bunch of curried chicken salad, potato chips, taco dip, hot roast beef sandwiches, sloppy joes, chicken casserole, Thai noodles in peanut sauce, and Christmas cookies a few hours before a run can weigh you down a little bit. Ugh! By the third mile, I felt like myself again and caught a second wind of sorts, finished my run quite strong. But I think I will be eating light this evening!

While running on the trail, I got jumped on by a giant poodle! I met a gentleman walking this enormous dog, and the dog was apparently very happy to meet me. The man assured me the dog was gentle, and he was. Good thing too, because I would hate to have to report to you that I got my butt kicked by a giant poodle tonight! :)

Happy Friday!

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails