Monday, December 04, 2006

Snow! And cold!

Last night's prediction of "flurries" amounted to a little more than anticipated. We had a good 1/2 an inch of white stuff on the ground when I got up for work this morning. Just enough to screw up the sidestreets. And, it never made it out of the teens, so most of it stuck around.

I don't have my "winter legs" yet, so running was a bit slower and more cautious on the slicker spots. But on the edges of the roads, the undisturbed layer of snow offers nice traction and cushioning, so I try to run in that whenever possible.

I ran my normal 4 1/2 miles, and it was equally as cold as yesterday. Strong northwest winds made it chilly and challenging, as I finished heading right into the stiff winter breeze. Tomorrow will be a well deserved day off from running!

By the way, last night's duck and wild mushroom ragu was really yummy. I will have lots of leftovers for lunch this week! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails