Thursday, December 28, 2006

Who needs Advil?

Today was a rough day at the office. I won't go into specifics, but it was challenging and stressful, and I left work absolutely drained with a raging headache. You know, one of those that radiates from the back of your skull all the way down to your shoulders. I felt like crap.

But when I got home, I laced up the running shoes and went for my run. It was a relatively pleasant evening, a bit windy, but comfortable in the mid 30's. I ran easy (not too fast, but not too slow, either), and it completely cleared my head. The stress is gone. My head feels great. I am relaxed. Running is my Advil! :)

On another note, I can't believe I forgot to mention this in my rambling post from the weekend, but I really enjoyed my new Vasque trail shoes with the Montrail inserts. I ran in them all four days over Christmas, and they performed well on the trails. Fantastic grip, great stability, and a lot of comfort, too. Heck, they even performed fine on a brief stretch of paved road. So far, I am pleased with them.

Until next time,

A very relaxed Jean :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails