Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wind! And cold!

Wow, it was slightly breezy this afternoon. 20 degrees outside, but we had a 25 MPH wind, which brought the wind chill down to 5 degrees. Brrr! I guess I should not complain too much. The wind chill is expected to hit -15 tonight! I did two laps around the lake. The run was quick, but it was rather challenging when I headed directly into the wind.

I am not the only one complaining about the wind. Poor Dean Kanazes is continuing his journey from New York to San Francisco. The thing about running from east to west is that quite often you are going into the wind. According to his latest blog entry, Karnazes has been battling a headwind for 5 days! But he keeps putting one foot in front of the other, and continues to inspire. Go, Dean, go!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails