Friday, January 12, 2007

Frozen eyelashes

If I may use an old expression, what a difference a day makes! Yesterday’s mid 30 degree temps gave way to some bitter cold arctic air, so it finally feels like January.

I went for my afternoon run with all my winter gear. It was all of 6 degrees, but with a stiff NW wind it brought the wind chill to -8. By the time I got home, my facemask was frosted over, and my eyelashes were frozen!

Strange as it may sound, I really don’t mind running in weather like this. It is kind of exhilarating, and as long as you keep moving, you stay pretty warm. Just make sure you keep moving! That being said, there seemed to be few others sharing my positive outlook on the chilly temps. Aside from some bundled-up kids walking home from school, there were very few signs of life.

Tomorrow is a day off from running, and I’m taking a little road trip! Nothing too outrageous, just a quick day trip to Brainerd for an appointment, and I’ll be back in time for the NFL playoffs in the afternoon. I will be bringing my camera so I can share a few sights along the way!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails