Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"We're not here, to start no trouble..."

Another good run after work. The local weather station said it was 11 degrees with a -3 wind chill, but it felt much nicer than that. The sun was shining brightly, and it was a crisp and pretty day. I did my 4 1/2 miles at an easy pace.

I decided I am going to dial it back for the weekend. I had 107 miles for the month of January, I did three long runs of 9, 9, and 11, so I figure I can take things a little easy over what is to be a bitter cold weekend. I will run Thursday and Saturday (I think), and will rest on Friday and “Super Bowl Sunday!”

Speaking of the Super Bowl, currently I have ESPN is on in the background, so I am getting bombarded with footage from media day. I am really torn with who to pick for the last round of my pick’em league. Indy has the great offense, the Bears have the great defense. Peyton has a history of lackluster performances, and Rex Grossman....well, he seems shaky at best! However, either one of them could get hot in a hurry, too. And, they are a couple of teams with some interesting history. Confusing!

At the very least, I hope it is a competitive game. And in case any of you need a refresher on the 1985 Bears’ “Super Bowl Shuffle” music video before the big game, here you go!

I'm just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails