Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bracing for the cold

This afternoon, I did my usual route during a light dusting of snow. It was a strange snow because it was 11 degrees out, yet the snow was incredibly fine and created a somewhat greasy running surface. You wouldn't think that would happen when it was so chilly outside! I had to pay attention to my footing in some spots, but it wasn't too bad.

I can't complain too much about the weather, because the weekend will be much worse. Currently, the projected high temperature for Saturday is -2 (yes, I said the "high), with overnight lows in the teens below zero. I will get in a run on Saturday (I've actually gone running in much worse before), but otherwise this weekend will be a great excuse to stay indoors, do some cooking, and watch a lot of sports. :)

Speaking of sports, for my pick'em league, I am going with the Colts, 27-24 (Vinatieri at the buzzer?)!

Nothing on the agenda tonight except for the easy chair and the new episode of "The Office."

One more day 'til the weekend,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails